Seneca Free Library is hosting our first YOUTH ART SHOW to celebrate Youth Art Month in March.
We hope you made time to come in to see the art work the youth of our community shared with us, you, this week. We are so pleased that we had 14 entries! This was not a contest, we simply want to give students a place to share their talents with everyone. We’ve had very positive feedback from our patrons, we will certainly be hosting this event again. So hang on to the art work your children are creating and mark your calendars year two of the Youth Art Show at the Library.
We will accept artwork from area youth in grades 1 – 12 between March 2 -4 during library hours. There will be an open house for the artists, their family members, and the public Thursday, March 5 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm.
- One item per entrant is allowed. The mediums accepted will be drawing (colored pencil, ink, marker, pencil, etc.), paint (watercolor, acrylic, oil, etc.), and three-dimensional.
- The size limit on drawing and painting is no larger than 12 x 14 inches, and the size limit on three-dimensional is 12 x 12 x 12 inches.
- NO artwork from kits, models, molds, prefabricated forms, mass produced, or copies will be accepted.
- Artwork must be original and never entered or displayed. For example, anything taken to the 4-H Fair would not be allowed.
- For full details and any questions please contact the library.